Monday, November 22, 2010
I have a few posts that I am waiting to publish but it may be a few days. Elijah hasn't been sleeping and we are in the process of moving. These two things plus my two personal assistants (David and Annabelle) have been making for interesting days. We are still here but may be mia for a bit.
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Today was an awesome experience. We had several kids from Victory at our house making sandwiches to feed the homeless. After the sandwich making was complete we all went down to pass out the food and pray for those we encountered. I loved watching these teenagers reaching out to the people on the street.
Most of these high school kids were in middle school--some elementary school--when I was teaching at Victory. I remember watching some of them run around at recess and just be kids. It is so amazing to watch them grow and to see them cultivate a deeper walk with Jesus. It is awesome to see teenagers encouraging one another to live for Christ.
They aren't my kids but when watch them--I feel a sense of pride. I am proud of what they are doing and what they are becoming. Thank you for being great role models for our kids. We love you guys!
These two wild men were running around the house telling us that they were "good evil". We tried to explain that there isn't really good evil but they insisted that they were the "good evil" guys out to get the "bad evil" guys. The mind of 4 year old boys is rather complex--lol.
Sunday, November 7, 2010
This month has been a month of many changes. You are growing and changing so much!
- Still a size 2 diaper
- 3-6 month clothes
- "talking" all the time
- You are beginning to grab for everything.
- All those things you grab for go right to your mouth--including your feet.
- You smile all the time. As a matter of fact, you rarely cry.
- You are very easy going--you roll with the punches. This past week we were visiting Auntie Amanda and you spent a lot of time in the car seat and stroller but you didn't seem to mind one bit.
- You made your first road trip to Vegas to stay with Auntie Amanda and Uncle Brett. We were in the car 10 hours and you were so good the whole time!!
- Still like to spit up--so gross. You keep the laundry pile well stocked.
- You love to watch David and Annabelle and they love to make you laugh.
- When I pick you up you always bury your head in my neck. I like to think that is your way of hugging me.
- Almost every Sunday during church Auntie Ruth holds you--she says you just sit there like you are listening to the message--lol.
- Your eyes are a mix between green and light brown. I think they are mostly brown but sometimes they look green.
- A great sleeper--did I mention that you are a great sleeper. For this--I am thankful. You had a couple nights where you were waking up a lot and I was so nervous that you were making it a trend but that was not so.