Thursday, December 30, 2010

Happy 4th Birthday

Christmas Eve 2006 is a day I will always remember. It was the first day that I truly began to understand what it is like to love a child. It is the day that the dr. placed a child in my arms and I felt a love like never before. To believe that it was 4 years ago is hard to believe. It seems like just yesterday I was finding reason to cuddle him just a little longer--wait, I still do that. The only problem is that now he runs from me.

This year was special since we were able to celebrate the gift of David with our family in Michigan. We all went to Burger King--blech--and the kids were able to play in the playland while the adults visited (screamed over the noise). David has been asking for a pirate cake for months and I wasn't sure if I would be able to pull it off (allergies plus my decorating skills equals disaster). We contacted the local grocery store and they said that if we made the cake and frosting they would decorate it for us--score! When we got the cake we were so pleased. It looked awesome. David sat and stared at his cake. We could tell that he was excited. When Krista came in and asked if he was excited for his party he told her he was just excited about his cake.

Once I get access to a computer with my pics I will post them but for now I just have to write about the fun. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment