Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to my amazing mom. She is a true inspiration to me in every sense of the word. She has demonstrated to me what it is to be an amazing wife and mother. I am so proud to be her daughter. I love you mom!!

I also want to give a shout out to the 3 little people who have made me a mom. I have been blessed beyond measure to be called mama, mommy, mom, ma and any other word sounding close to the word mom--even a grunt at times. These 3 little people have changed me and challenged me in ways that I never dreamed possible.

David: You were the first one to make me a mommy. When I held you for the first time I felt this amazing love that I never knew existed; it was this all consuming love. Over the past 4 1/2 years you have become my little man. You make me laugh all the time and you are always up for a snuggle.

Annabelle: You made me mommy to a little girl of which I was so proud. I had always wanted a daughter and you were that dream come true. The love I had--and have--for you can never be contained. You keep me on my toes. You remind me of myself in so many ways but mostly because of your clumsiness--sorry sweetie. When I hold you I feel like you melt into my arms and I want to keep you like that forever.

Elijah: You have made me a mommy who is more flexible. All my ideas about scheduling were thrown out the window when you entered the scene. I figured that you would be my last baby and I wanted--and want--to treasure every last second of your life. When you were born I just held you and stared at how perfect you were. My nervousness was gone the third time around and I was able to just enjoy the smell of a new baby. I love how you give me kisses and how you lay your head on my shoulder. Stay my baby forever.

Mother's Day--all because of the 3 best little people around.

No comments:

Post a Comment