Sunday, October 23, 2011

Another Amazing Sunday

Often times I write to remember the amazingly fun things that we did and I forget about the simple days that bring smiles to my face. Today we went to church--the kids were exceptionally well-behaved. While we were singing Annabelle is in the back swaying and clapping (off beat) just praising God. I love watching her do this--it brings a smile to my face every time.
After church we came home and ate lunch. Grandma Robinson and Joseph joined us. I made a family favorite--chicken pot pie with biscuit topping. My kids love this recipe--they actually love the biscuits. We watched videos of daddy during college. He was a funny guy then and he is a funny guy now. That man sure brings a smile to my face.
Everyone took a nap--yay! After dinner we went to Ikea to pick up a rug and then to Big Spoon for fun. Elijah ate all of his ice cream and wanted more. Annabelle, being the caretaker that she is, fed Elijah some of hers. It was cute because she was trying to wipe his face with her spoon. All three kids ran around outside for a while and burned some energy.
When we got home it was time to get ready for bed--we had to run over and say hi to Mr. Doug and Mrs. Joy first. The kids loved her huge pumpkin and seeing Tonka. After everyone was bathed we went "camping". We got a lantern and read our bedtime stories and then pretended to roast hotdogs, hamburger, tortillas, pizza and marshmallows (all food choices were chosen by David). We climbed into our tents and I told the kids another story about the toad who decided to tell the truth. Oh, Annabelle performed a concert for David, myself and the whole neighborhood. :-) She really likes the song Every Move I Make--I think she likes it because of the na, na, na, na, na, na part. We prayed and then said good-night. Another day over too soon.
It is simple days like this when I often look at the kids playing and think to myself how special this time truly is. I love seeing the excitement on their faces when they listen to a story or tell me a story. They are the best gift God has given me. I love every moment that I get to spend with them--even if the moments are a little crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment