Saturday, August 7, 2010

California Bound

Today Glenn left to go back to California--a very sad day for me. I will not see him for exactly one month. Not sure how I am going to handle this without him. He is my sanity :-). The one I can talk to about all of the days events and he is actually interested in hearing everything about the kiddies. The whole day I just wanted to treasure every minute of being with him because I know that it will be a while. This morning I even found the pillow he has been sleeping with so I can smell him while he is gone--weird but I don't think I will be able to sleep without it.

We drove to Escanaba and enjoyed some Culvers then went to Ludington park so I could feed E and Glenn could play with the kids. When we got to the airport we hung out for a while and then it was time to say our good-byes. Glenn hugged and kissed each of us about 20 times--squished E's head one time--and then had to say our last good-bye--or so we thought.

When I was leaving the parking lot I noticed a fenced area where we could stand and see him get on the plane and yell one more "I love you". When Glenn walked out Annabelle saw him and tried to run back to the airport--it was too funny. We said, yelled, our final good-byes and we were off to Manistique with screaming kids in the backseat. Needless to say this may be an interesting month.

No comments:

Post a Comment