Friday, August 27, 2010

These Days

The time that we are in Michigan is coming to an end. We have had an incredible month with lots of excitement. Tonight we had our last family dinner before we fly out on Wednesday. We laughed and ate way too much food. We just enjoyed being together like a family does.

Tonight my heart is sad. I absolutely love spending time with my parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. It has been a month of making memories together and a month that I will never forget. My mom and I have been able to spend so much time together-talking, laughing and just enjoying each other. Tonight I watched my dad chase the kids around the yard and then push them on the swings and I felt a little tug at my heart. I watch my mom hold little E and just beam with joy that he is her grandson. It makes me wish that things were a little different and they could have the joy of being grandparents all year long; not just for a month out of a year.

Tonight my heart is also excited. Excited because I can't wait to see Glenn and give him a hug. I have missed him so much this past month and wished that he could be here to share in the fun. I have come to realize, once again, that I have truly become one with my husband. I just do not feel complete unless he is here with me making memories. We are a family and I love living life together.

I guess the only solution is for us to all pack up and move to Michigan! Hahaha--we may change our minds come winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment