Saturday, August 14, 2010

Scared

Annabelle is rather clumsy. She has been to the e.r. multiple times for various injuries. So much so, that when I had my 20 week ultrasound she started wailing as soon as she walked into the room. She took one look at the white table and began trying to climb up the front of Glenn. I thought she would be relieved when I got on the table, but she wasn't. Every time anyone goes to the dr. she freaks as soon as the dr. walks in the room. She is traumatized by dr.'s and nurses.

Today marked another day of her gracefulness. She decided that she wanted to go to the basement at my parent's house and began heading down the stairs. Keep in mind that she has already fallen twice in the past couple weeks down shorter flights of stairs. You think she would exercise some caution--nope. I heard a thump and ran only to see her somersaulting down the entire flight of stairs and landing on the cement ground. I thought for sure there would be blood everywhere. I screamed and ran down the stairs to grab her. I kept looking to make sure her teeth were all there and that there was no blood. She only got a small bump on her head--nothing new for her.

When I saw her falling I wanted to stop her but I couldn't--talk about feeling helpless. After I realized that she was ok I just sat down and cried. On this trip alone the Lord has protected her on two specific occasions. The first one was when she fell in the pond while no one was around--she could have easily drowned and then today. Each night we pray with our children that the Lord would protect them and I am so thankful for his protection.

While I was crying David looked at me, climbed on my lap, hugged me and then started patting my back. He would stop and look to see if I was still crying and then start patting my back again. It was like he was telling me that it was okay in his own little way.

Tonight as I put my kids to bed I once again ask the Lord to protect them. Not only to protect them from obvious dangers but also to protect their hearts and minds. I also thank Him for the protection that He has given each and every day of their little lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment