Monday, August 30, 2010

Let's Build a House

David and Nick were playing outside today and having a blast. Nick needed help off the swing and David picked him up to get him off--it was rather funny to watch. Seeing that it was so hot they decided to take a break on the deck with myself and Aunt Karen. I told David that this is his last day to play with Nick so he better enjoy himself. He looked at me and replied, "We don't have to go back to California we can build a house right there (my mom and dad's back yard), all we need is some nails. If only it were that simple.

The day continued on and we made our rounds to say our final good-byes and then came home. When my dad walked into the living room David says, "Papa, can you get some nails so you can build my house. All we need is nails Papa." My dad and I were laughing. I forgot about the conversation earlier in the day until he returned to the subject.

It makes me smile to see how his little mind is thinking. As far as David is concerned you only need some nails to build a house. Relocating across the country is no problem--hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment