Wednesday, August 18, 2010

U.P. State Fair

Ready for a day at the U.P. State Fair

Elijah's first trip to the fair.

Alanna, you okay back there or is that boy scaring you?

Riding the boats for the first time.

Apparently the captain thinks Alanna wants to go for a swim in the grass.

We went on the Ferris Wheel and as soon as we got to the top Annabelle started freaking out. She kept saying "hold me" and was trying to climb on my lap.

Yup, David and Alanna are not afraid of anything! After the ride ended they both wanted to go again.

Flying high

Riding Midnight

Birds of a feather flock together! I love these two wild birds.

Little Miss riding her boat (for the 5th time today)


Enjoying the ride on the gondola

Elijah was exhausted after his first trip to the fair.

We had a great time at the fair today. It was hot but thankfully it was bearable. I was shocked at how brave David and Alanna were. They went on several of the "big kid" rides and loved every minute. While we were on the tilt-a-whirl they were laughing away while I was thinking, is this ride ever going to end-I may throw up. I didn't think Annabelle would like the rides but she loved the little kids rides-not so much the big kid rides. They had to stop the scrambler because she was terrified. I enjoyed going on the rides just as much as the kids.


We went through the barns and looked at the cows, chickens, rabbits and sheep. The kids liked it but by this time of the day we were all ready to leave. Elijah was fussy and totally over the whole fair idea. Poor little guy was so hot in his car seat but Grandma kept taking him out and carrying him.


Another fun-filled, exhausting day here in the U.P. I also had to say good-bye to Cathy as she heads back home tomorrow. I feel so blessed to have been able to spend so much time with her this past week and a half. I know David and Annabelle loved spending time with her girls--even if it eventually ended up in a boxing match.


I think tomorrow we may just take it easy and spend the day at the beach.













No comments:

Post a Comment